WES 0.65% $71.38 wesfarmers limited

BUT WAIT !! As they say in America, "shut my mouth!"Just when I...

1. 486 Posts.
    BUT WAIT !! As they say in America, "shut my mouth!"

Just when I thought Errington was among the missing, under today's headline in The West Australian "EXPERTS EATING CROW OVER COLES REBOUND," Errington was BACK, justifying his "UNDERPERFORM" rating and $26 price target:

========================================================================================

"Most analysts also upgraded their full-year earnings estimates for the conglomerate, albeit grudgingly.

Merrill Lynch's David Errington, a long-time critic of the Wesfarmers business model, admitted he was flabbergasted by the surprisingy strong results from Kmart and Target.

'We find it difficult to understand how Kmart delivered such a remarkable profit performance. We rang just about every industry contact we have...and they are equally nonplussed by the results as we are.'

Mr Errington underestimated Wesfarmers' interim net profit of $879 million...by $130 million.

And while he praised Kmart management for its ability to produce a 6.9% earnings margin--higher than the best margin ever produced at the Woolworths-owned Big W--he insisted it was unsustainable in the long term and maintained his underperform rating on Wesfarmers' shares.

With the exception of two short-term upgrades to neutral, he has rated Wesfarmers 'underperform' since July 2006, a year before the stock hit a record high of $41.985."

==========================================================================================

Damn, don't you hate facts? They have such a NASTY way of trashing your theories! I guess that doesn't apply if you're David Errington, you just ignore them and trumpet your views louder...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$71.38
Change
0.460(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $80.95B
Open High Low Value Volume
$71.33 $71.67 $71.12 $56.69M 794.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 154 $71.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$71.39 6616 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.