ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

There are different degrees of "certification". Getting large...

1. av
    2,595 Posts.
    There are different degrees of "certification". Getting large bankable 1P reserves for large scale production (e.g. like where QGC are now) takes a long time. But drilling 10-15 holes and issuing size of field, permability data, coal seam thickness and initial flow rates can give investors a very good idea of resource value and allows some initial 3p reserves to be issued. It can pump the share price up and make capital raising in the future easier for further suring up the resource and widespread production. QGC took ages to sure up there resource in this way and had a few very lucrative SPPs along the way for shareholders. I agree that they can't fund it themselves...and wouldn't want them to do so with equity or debt (not that anyone would lend them money). That's why i am hoping for a farm-in. If they do get a farm-in that take over operations, things will speed up significantly too. I just hope they don't resurrect the idea of building a rig and trying to do it themselves. I know it speculation but given the market cap and the potential resource size, I think it worth hold for a while yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.