PDN 6.15% $13.98 paladin energy ltd

"PDN is already a producer and will continue to produce. What a...

1. 1,932 Posts.
    "PDN is already a producer and will continue to produce. What a low uranium price means it that new entrants will not enter the market."

It will continue to produce, until cash burn gets to the point where they need to A: Raise funds (putting pressure on share price due to dilution) or B: Close shop.

The downtrend may indeed turn soon, or it may continue to slide, or it may level out here for an extended period.

A downtrending or sideways trending Uranium price will most likely prevent new entrants to the market, that is a plus.

There are hundreds of examples of share prices that have halved in price, then halve again ... and again. Just because it has lost 50% of its highs, doesn't mean it cant lose another 50%.

The fall can well and truly be explained, cash burn + downtrending Uranium price is a pretty tough environment for PDN at the moment.

From what I could gather a majority of Uranium miners are reluctant to sell down the price further, if the supply pressures continue then producers will crack, once 1 or 2 major producers crack, the rest will follow. Uranium may well stabalise here due to this resistance of selling lower, however it is kind of an artificial supply constraint.

I'm in no way convinced one way or another (being convinced of anything in the sharemarket is surely folly) I'm just commenting on what I've read on the annual report and the wider uranium market.

Heck I'm looking at PDN and others due to the vast drops in share price and uranium prices. I'm sure I'm not alone. That should make you happy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.