I don't want to head to the lowest common denominator either - 4...

1. 942 Posts.
    I don't want to head to the lowest common denominator either - 4 weeks is fine, and is certainly not the lowest in the world! However I fail to see how we can consider ourselves as competitive at the moment when industries like Bonds are still leaving our shores. That was the idea behind the mining tax, wasn't it? To mitigate against the 2 speed economy?

BTW - I have a friend working in HK now on much less than 4 weeks holiday...

Franking credits maybe - for the money that is distributed. However, much money is reinvested, and often tax advantage of doing this is deferred due to depreciation as opposed to direct writeoff. Regardless, if I am a business and I have a choice of location, I will go where I can retain most of the $$. Your answer is assuming the investor(s) are Australia based.

Understand also that the Greens want both 5 weeks holiday and the increase in taxes. Also the only time I hear of encouraging businesses and industry from this party is in reference to Green Technology...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.