MEL 25.0% 0.3¢ metgasco ltd

has metgasco deceived shareholders?, page-14

1. 8,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2848
    the Greens have adopted a new policy, just in time for the upcoming election, calling for the Future Fund to stop investing in coal companies.
    I recall they also now have a policy to ban all gas exploration, not just CSG, but all conventional and unconventional.

But the stupidity of the article below, is that these people argue for a policy "A", by invoking arguments appropriate to some other issue "B".

So in order to justify why the Future Fund should stop investing in coal companies, they argue that the F/F stopped investing in Tobacco companies.

Two entirely seperate issues!

Tobacco is a direct health hazard, it is a direct personal issue for people, it is a proven health issue, it is easily stopped/started by individuals, there IS an alternative to smoking!(ie give it up) etc etc.

Mining coal is obviously a different issue.
    What is the alternative to coal in the next decade?
    Candles ????

It is a really scary thought that these people could hold the balance of power again.

Greens to lobby Future Fund to stop 'risky investment' in coal companies

Posted Thu Jun 6, 2013 8:21am AEST

Related Story: Future Fund drops tobacco investment

Map: Australia
    The Greens have started a new campaign to push the Future Fund to stop investing in coal companies.

Greens leader Christine Milne says up to $3 billion of the $83 billion fund is invested in coal, which she describes as a "risky investment".

A section of the Uniting Church has recently decided to abandon its investments in coal and other fossil fuels and redirect the money into renewable energy projects.

Senator Milne says the Greens will lobby the Future Fund to scrap its coal investments in the same way it announced in February it would sell off $220 million in tobacco shares and no longer invest in tobacco companies.

"I think that the Future Fund guardians now recognise that the community is interested in the investments they hold," she said.

"They want to know where the money is going, into which companies, and I would be hopeful that the board of guardians would consider very carefully this call to divest from coal company investments.

"If we are to constrain global warming to less than two degrees, 60 to 80 per cent of current coal reserves will be unusable.

"That is, the share price of coal companies will be significantly less."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.342M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $59 19.72K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 12700477 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 14063379 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.19am 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.