AAR 5.13% 8.2¢ astral resources nl

has stockpile processing completed

1. 2,527 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 114
    From Sept qtrly:
    --------
    "The profit came from gold production of 12,434 ounces from 33,053 tonnes of ore processed.

Processing of 51,000 tonnes of stockpiled gold ore commenced at custom mill.

The latest campaign commenced on September 28th. It is anticipated that all 51,000t of
    stockpiled ore, which consists of approximately 36,000t of high-grade, 5,000t of mediumgrade
    and 10,000t of low-grade ore, will be processed during this campaign. Mill head
    grade to date has averaged 5.44 g/t Au with an overall gold recovery above 96%."
    ----------

Total above = 84 ktonnes

From AGM:
    ------------
    "I am pleased to confirm that a
    total of 20,130 ozs were recovered from 78,000 tonnes of ore as against a budgeted
    17,000 ozs from 70,000 tonnes."
    ------------

Total here of 78ktonnes

The second total is pretty close to the sum of the first two. So does that mean all the ore has been processed? If so it also implies that the 5.44g/t head grade was all that was achieved for the second lot of ore.

So is that it? No more revenue until/if they decide to develop another part of mandilla. Doesn't sound like they're in a rush to mine the current bedrock resource (and at 3.5g/t for such a small resource I wouldn't be surprised if it was barely profitable anyway).

As usual all discussed in a vague manner with no actual laying out of what they're actually going to do and when. (e.g. other companies will say xxxm of RC drilling is planned on the blah blah by the end of dec qtr etc.).

I'm over it.

Koongie - a year to do metallurgy - how hard can it be? Still "considering" appointing a project manager?

Where will they get the capital to develop it, and how risky will it be at current Zn/Cu prices. And how many years till it arrives?

Also the 4.5mt ore they keep quoting - well if they're not going to mine the transition, and they're not going to mine the oxides, then how much mineable ore reserve is there? A lot less than 4.5mt I would imagine unless they can prove up some extensions.

And when exactly is all that Atlantis drilling and other followup exploration drilling etc. at Koongie going to occur?

Urgently considering east mandilla followup drilling? Well when exactly? How much? What depth? What targets?

Seems to be some quiet buying going on today though so I guess I might be reading it all wrongly.

PDZ (prairie downs was shown in slides) looks like a reasonable comparison in some ways but they seem to have higher grade ore, plus this transition ore etc. at koongie surely must mean the ore reserve is less? PDZ doesn't have copper though I don't think (some ok lead though).

PDZ cap is only 100 million or so though if I've done my sums properly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
0.004(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $76.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.3¢ 8.0¢ $122.9K 1.515M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 88607 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 79321 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.