STO 0.86% $6.90 santos limited

Has STO's uptrend broken down?, page-15

1. 7,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    Batten down the hatches - I only hold STO and no other oiler and haven't for some time waiting for drop off - They should have hedged a % even if it was at break even or just under - bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bushes.. we know the pattern now so the next big run may well again start in Feb and reach higher than this year - maybe $60 maybe more before the whole process repeats but I think it will be shorter next year.. I'm holding and won't be looking at any other oiler for the next few months - maybe Dec/Jan.. This glut now of refined product is using up the storages which usually hold crude so its a crap situation again until some glut is cleared... the mother of all rallies is going to happen eventually though - maybe 2018/20 when the industry has been decimated and production down the plug hole and demand outstripping supply on an increasing % until then oilers need to hedge every time they think oil has hit a peak to try and protect revenue - whats really nuts is if Russia/China & Iran/India through co-investment really start drilling in Russia/Iran & the Saudis/Gulf States keep trying to make a $ by increasing production themselves.... if we get Trump as well we're screwed that idiot will be way worse than George Bush Jnr - we may well see US oilers protected by shutting out others or reducing imports into the US which will go down like a lead balloon everywhere else or make others a target if say the Sauds are allowed to keep importing into the US and not rivals - Something will break somewhere out of this that won't be contained like Syria/Iraq - I see Turkey somehow being the next big flash point - they're moving away from NATO & Trump may well help them get there quicker - if that happens and they become isolated from the gang then whats to stop Russia either becoming best buddies like they are with Iran or having a little war.. Gold is king - long live the king imoo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.