GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Here are my notes from the call this morning. I wasn't paying...

1. 19 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Here are my notes from the call this morning. I wasn't paying 100% attention, so please correct anything if it seems off.

Bane tried to make it clear that there was a lot of false information out there in the media. The irony of that statement was the most entertaining part of the call.

Most of his speech was corporate word-salad and re-hashes of information previously released to shareholders. The phrase "long term value" got the highest bingo score this morning.

He said that the company had recovered legal costs from 1 failed class action candidate which was new news to me.

Bane referred to himself as a co-founder. Not sure if that's technically correct since it looks like he joined several years into the business (Prospectus says GetSwift started in 2015).

He also mentioned that they hired their first CTO this year which is strange since they have a CTO listed in their Prospectus from October 2016.

I assume that they don't consider the pre-IPO days in the GSW history, which is understandable but curious since the functionality of the SaaS site has hardly changed in the last couple of years. They did mention that there were a lot of new features only available to enterprise clients (which would explain that) but weren't allowed to say what those changes were.

They have recently opened an office in Serbia which is business speak for having hired an off-shoring company. This was really the only positive thing of substance that I heard. This is a good move since deliveries happen 24/7, development, QA and support can be done 24/7 also.

There was some talk about a white labeled payment gateway they have built (or are building?), no explanation as to how that fits into the grand scheme.

Lots of nice words about Dennis Noto (CTO) who wasn't on the call. If all the things GSW aren't allowed to tell us are true then he does in fact seem to be doing a good job.

The question/answer section was an embarrassment. They clearly chose (or made up) fluffy questions that only asked about the nature of the business, nothing about the actual company and their operations or how they treat their shareholders. It was very difficult to understand why anyone would ask the banal questions that were answered; especially if they were already a GSW investor. It just came across as some kind of paid infomercial. One of the questions was "What is last mile delivery?"! LOL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.