Has the World Gone Mad?, page-3

1. 499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Tigmeister,

Despite cryptocurrencies being marketed as decentralized - I suppose you could call it a kind of free market money - there is obviously no such thing. These cryptocurrencies are products created, sold and managed by groups.

Obviously, I do not share their interests. Otherwise, I might be one of the adherents. What I do know, however, is that when cryptocurrencies finish up, sooner or later, we are going to be left with a lot of technological waste.

Whoever sells the technology will make money. And, whoever buys the stuff will be burdened with its disposal. I suppose when they say that 'cryptocurrencies are here to stay' and that 'they are the future', then that is what they mean.

I have never used cryptocurrency, which is why I do not 'understand' it, even after spending hours and hours researching and talking about it. Perhaps, if there is hype, then it is generated by people who have bought into it.

Even then, I do not know what they are excited about. A world where every transaction is mediated by a computer will be more oppressive than the world we already live, IMO. Of course, the tech companies would love that, though.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.