CTP 8.33% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

It's got a chance, definitely. But I don't think I ever read a...

1. 6,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2505
    It's got a chance, definitely. But I don't think I ever read a broker report with a price target on any spec stock (let alone CTP) that was good for anything more than wiping my bum with.

I personally ignore spec price targets from brokers as a matter of course. I use the reports instead as a concise summary of the stock, for which I will admit they are very useful. But I think if you searched Google for 10 minutes you'd find any number of broker reports on CTP dating from pre-2009 through to now and every single one of them would have failed to reach its 12 month target.

Then you could find a dozen other spec stocks with exactly the same track record.

Brokers usually don't know much more than the collective knowledge of HC posters and often they know even less. They dress it up with hard numbers to give the illusion of certainty, but there is such a massive level of uncertainty around so many things (geology, engineering, market sentiment, macroeconomic factors, takeover activity etc) as to make the numbers little more than a wild guess.

And in my experience that wild guess is almost always wildly optimistic compared to what actually transpires 12 months in the future.

CTP has scope for SP growth IMO but it will require either drilling success in Surprise East or Mt Kitty, or another farm-in by a major. I don't think either of those will take it to $1.90 though, personally.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.004(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.4¢ 5.1¢ $73.58K 1.416M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 25287 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.44am 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.