XJO 0.34% 7,796.0 s&p/asx 200

MORNING TRENDSETTERSHave we greeted the DOW with a big smile on...

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    MORNING TRENDSETTERS

Have we greeted the DOW with a big smile on our faces again this morning.

Have you heard, like I, every doom forecast you can think of over the weekend.

Honeydew insists on listening to ABC talkback im the morning. Those guys wouldn't know what a share was. They would normally have someone talking about the genius of Karl Marx or a quick topical interview with Germaine Greer's daughter!

This weekend it was - Who can we call to comment on the downgrade - ah yes, Professor Doddlepoop from the UNSW.

A few positive comments from the Z lounge on the weekend.

'Ahh don't ya just love a nice big fear driven high volume shakeout' Funkymonk

'It's certainly beaten what they did with the flash crash last year. Finally Bullish Percent and woohoo there's a lot of bears out there. Back to mid March 09 jus after THE low for a reading this low. Too many bear for my mind for this to keep going down like it has been next week but let's try to do some more research and get a better idea.' CHRISFORD

'Bingo. It's the sort of set up you want to see for a bounce. Not guaranteed, but looking OK.' MONGO

'A major buy is not far away.' Voltaire

'Bounce time?' Rhodes2 riches

And finally - from an old buddy of mine.

'This is a different market, not the GFC...IMO' Haspete

Whoever was on the thread last Friday will know that there was some very exhausted XJO'ers.

Having come through a battering over several months of the bear and culminating in that scary panic 500 pointer. We don't like those ones!

I was ambivalent (to put it mildly) as to whether I should sell or hold.

On one side was people like StockbrokerBarbie, who was saying - the time to sell is after a big day up. Mongo said, at worst you have become an investor, wait and collect divs.

The other side was manned by Martis who has a deep held conviction that 12000 and down means 'the dreaded c wave to the abyss'.

Both sides were putting personal conviction into their arguments out of concern for a fellow member. I was touched. Thank you very, very much.

In the end I hung on - because I can.

Goodluck boys and girls,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.