XJO 0.71% 7,783.0 s&p/asx 200

haspete's - more upside than down friday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    MORNING TRENDSETTERS

Well did we tank 500 on the DOW?

A tough week fellas. Savage in fact. Bluey mentioned that we had a lot of readers yesterday but not as many as August Bloody Nine.

A high number of readers can mean capitulation and margin calls. We are either more immuned or already in protection mode OR not there yet.

Poignant words of wisdom from yesterday

'If you had the option of walking down the footpath and you knew there was the potential of that big bad dog biting you at No34, what would you do ?
    1. move to the other side of the road and not get bit
    2. continue down the footpath and hope your not spotted
    3. walk down the middle (in the traffic)
    your choice
    P.S. I'm in the car :-)'
    MITTA

'For mine, the best idea is stand aside and see if things fall apart because if they do the buying will be tremendous' BONZABOY

Caylus, our tell it like it is, feet on the ground, tact of a D9, was in strict 'father' mode - be warned - drunk at the end.

'The best suggestion to anyone undergoing any amount of stress and worry about their nest eggs is to either step aside and watch, or have faith your portfolio will ride it out like most did in 2008/09.

I'm 40% convinced this will lead to a landslide of Martis like proportions. I'm 60% leaning towards to surge back to 1250 at least.

But the end game picture is at one with Martis. Death, destruction and decay.'
    CAYLUS

Welcome Katok

'Once burnt twice shy, third time lucky an fourth time eaten by the bears. Sounds a familiar story for over traders' - Katok

Leanne the straight shooter gal - appreciating another straight shooter. There you go Martis, made up fror the telling of by Paddington yesterday.

'No riddle speak cryptic coupla bob each way will it won't if maybe but wishy washy sit on the fence take a free shot hunt in packs garbage ... outa you old fella (I don't believe that old bit) just a straight down the middle CALL.

I salute you martis.. and for all those detractors, well I will say it for them.. martis YOU WERE RIGHT and WE WERE WRONG again lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
    LEANNE

A Hidden Maxi gem

I have brought the Maxi tablet down from the mountain.

'Watch the $us, Most think it is Cactus==Bullish ===.

Note the Commodities ==Nothing lasts forever,Note ncm =2001 Low .'
    Maxi

And this might be what saves us. Scared noney buys into $US (I know) $US Dollar goes up. Good for us. Oil goes down. Immediate stimulus to the world economy. Oil above $140pb = GFC. Oil below $100 = not GFC.

The second part of Maxi's post - materials down. Bad for our miners but good for a weaker Aussie dollar - which is good again for all of us. So downside may be limited for a while.

Which brings us to our Man of the day.

Some say that he could stare down a grizzly at a hundred paces and that his bedhead is that of a Hereford Bull with horns.

All we know is he's called (IMO)

* * * Testosteroned Pete. * * *

'Even if your blind drunk its not the time to put on the bear suit(that was at 5000) risk versus reward is in favor of up from here rather than down but there is still risk..imo' Haspete

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.