HAS 2.99% 34.5¢ hastings technology metals ltd

HASR, page-47

1. 2ic
    5,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4844
    "I actually admire your effort to cast doubt on the stock to gain a lower entry price, I am actually impressed because it is so covert and educational at the same time! I have learnt so much from you on multiple stocks. Thank you"... LOL, when is low enough to buy in then... been calling them out since $5.50. I'm not sure if this is an elaborate set-up to have me sink the boots into Chucky again, lot of effort if it is? If you're serious, then you have much to learn Grasshopper tongue.png

Being a finance guy doesn't preclude him from being a gambler, and the way I see it is he gambled the company on RE prices not crashing like they did, NEO recovering in price or atleast what he paid not crashing like they did, the capex for Yangi not blowing out with inflation again like it did, and his 20% holding somehow forcing NEO into a shotgun wedding with an ugly bride but no dowry... never going to happen rolleyes.png

Here are the quotes from the deal ASX release
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6142/6142637-a4de63c768ce13278e3e211b4d562ca4.jpg

Note that Luca carefully referred to this deal as a "transaction" within a "strategy of investing"... he would not be drawn into playing Chuck's game of pretending it was a "strategic investment" because if things didn;t work out, Wyloo wanted their loan repaid without ending up in court for misleading the market... IMHO. I think HAS might have a problem defending an ASIC or shareholder class action given their continued portrayal of Wyloo being a strategic investor instead of a low-risk equity upside option lender, but I know nothing about the law so who knows?

To be fair, HAS just got knocked back on finance from a European roadshow and were struggling being cum-raise and committed to push through development. They were desperate imo and to be fair the bait and switch like pitch of the Wyloo loan did pump the price to $5.50 from which they lifted $100M out of the markets pockets at $4.40/share.. not bad when shares were trading $3's shortly before the deal was done! Anyway, I read it as a loan and if so then Wyloo will not want to be repaid in cash, not HAS script at $5.50 a pop making a 95% loss eek.png. Maybe I'm wrong.

One of the two parties involved acted like reckless gamblers, I say HAS, you say it's Wyloo rolleyes.png.... time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
0.010(2.99%)
Mkt cap ! $62.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 35.0¢ 32.5¢ $286.5K 834.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1826 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 11114 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.