With anything to do with the TAX can we have one thread as alot...

1. 2,954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    With anything to do with the TAX can we have one thread as alot of good ideas get lost in space. Here is fine with me it seems to be getting all the ticks. eieio just made a valid point but was probably better added to a thread.

Billy

I'm still fired up so I'll comment.

1)True
    2)True
    3)Worth debating
    4)Debateable once the dust settles. Point 4 is straight from the tried and failed rule book. Track Aus debt and note the incumbant economic theory is/has failed. We need to scrap the play book as the offence is too good. I do not have the answers but it sure as (whistle) wont change unless fresh and new ideas are debated.
    5)It ain't Kev it's the policy behind Kev. Plus the market was due a correction so his timing was interesting. DOW down 225.06 for 2.02%.

No disrespect intended here but assume the TAX gets rejected. Then what are some other solutions for Australias debt issues. If you do not get solution focused then this thread along with most on this topic are a waste of time.

Ideas list

1)Govt equity other than royalties and tax in mineral permits. Say 2% free carry. Why not? Example: An oilfield in WA with 5 million barrels is pumping 1500 barrels per day. That's 30 barrels toward Government income/debt reductions and 100,000 over the life of the field. Look this could be a bad idea but at least it's an idea worth debating.

The idea that beating the makets as a trader, or being a successful business owner or working harder and longer for more wages or whichever way you make your coin insulates you from the bigger picture is a myth. Rising debt WILL increase your Tax obligations.

Cheers
    Rawk the grump.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.