BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

There have been a number of positive RNAi articles published in...

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    There have been a number of positive RNAi articles published in recent times but most of them won't result in any commercial benefits for 5-7 years. This is right at the end of BLT's patent period and so the value of any "new" discoveries to BLT's bottom line is doubtful. Furthermore, new IP (with a longer self life) coming into BLT's portfolio is very limited. This caused me to consider cutting my losses and selling my holding in BLT.

BUT

1) I think that BLT will win the UK patent challenge,

2) In regard to the HIV mothballed projects the Directors recently said, "The Directors have a reasonable expectation that the program can be partnered in calendar year 2011." When a partner is announced the SP should rise substantially,

3) ABN has reported that more people read their BLT profile in Chinese than in English, which could mean that a Chinese company may be a surprise buyer for BLT, and

4) Despite the fact that BLT's HIV program is mothballed, parallel work is still being carried out at the University of California, so some progress is still being made.

In the end the BUT's won, so I bought some more shares today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.