SYA 5.26% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

I am almost certain in my mind that the jv will need an alliance...

1. 17,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1074
    I am almost certain in my mind that the jv will need an alliance with a chemical company to tackle the difficult task of downstream processing.

The task of completing the half built carbonate plant may be more difficult than we think.

The original plant was designed a long time ago and much has changed since, so in effect we need to unscramble the egg before we start.

I think the ex Galaxy carbonate plant in China now owned by Tianqi is a good example.

The original plant that Galaxy had built in China in 2013, had to be modified to make it efficient.

I can’t see how SYQ on it’s own can do a task that a giant like Tianqi took years to accomplish.

Ziggy Tan in his interview with Joe Lowry, stated that he wanted to replicate the plant built in China by Galaxy but with the modifications that were added by Tianqi.

Before SYQ can even begin, they will need to know exactly what goes and what stays.

If the jv goes it alone, would it be to the detriment of the mining operation?

Even if SYQ was only to have a small amount of equity in the carbonate plant, the benefit of having it on site would be immense and probably unique.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.002(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $370.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $2.158M 59.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2625000 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 5881377 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.