AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

have they really discovered anything new?, page-14

1. 13,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1290
    I believe they have found a chalcocite vein.

"Chalcocite is sometimes found as a primary vein mineral in hydrothermal veins. However, most chalcocite occurs in the supergene enriched environment below the oxidation zone of copper deposits as a result of the leaching of copper from the oxidized minerals. It is also often found in sedimentary rocks."

As previously announced they have already delineated a high grade resource of 210,000t at 11.65% copper, containing 24,400t of copper. This will now be improved.

We know the resource is not on the level of Sandfires deposit yet but the potential is there. If you look at the recent announcement on page 5/7 you can see where the high grade hits have occured from the 2008 drill program.

ARVA-17, ARVA-24 and ARVA-49

Then with 2010 they hit big on ARVD-080 which lies above the 2008 ARVA-17 drill hole which had a result of 4 meters at 50.6% Cu from 26 meters.

With recent drilling as mentioned by others they have "proceeded with a close spaced infill programme using tight drill lines". This will show the length of the vein and I believe we will have more good results on the way from drill holes AVRD-083 to AVRD-102. I only hold a few so hopefully they continue to hit big.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.