GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

14, if you mean use leverage going long I would think there...

1. 679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    14, if you mean use leverage going long I would think there might be something in it provided you close your position before next Friday. The speculation on the rate hike with China's slump and government intervention puts the wind in our sales. However, I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, I would say that the initial effect of a rate hike would not be turmoil that warrants safety. The effects of rate hikes lag the hike. Instead punters would stick to the fundamentals, which are inflation is near zero and gold has no yield. I expect volatility with these fundamentals placing downward pressure on price. However, due to the strange economic time we live in I do expect bumps in the road that would have people running for safety. They just wont be as easy to predict and will perhaps blind side the market.

After our recent rebound rally I would love to buy some long warrants but alas I went all in on the dip and have my dad's birthday coming up. I thought buy him some crappy gift for a couple of hundred and go long but then I thought what is money for anyways. I am going all out with silk Persian rugs. The first one is for him but the others are partly for the pooches who lie down all over the house.

What do you mean by going long? I am still trying to get the lingo down pat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.