GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"Have We Reached The Breaking Point?", page-72

1. 5,440 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    forged, your chart proves an interesting point re the FEDs (who, on record, dont like gold, and will like to see it a backwater, nothing)... and re MSM, whom the FEDs tell what to say;

your chart shows rate hikes are NOT detrimental to gold; YET, the FEDs via the MSM peddle a lie; in fact EVERY economic event and metric, according to the FED and MSM is bad for gold; ETFs inflow (bad for gold), ETFs outflow (bad for gold), ETFs steady (bad for gold); even the current famous... QEs and ZIRPs do not lead to inflation (therefore bad for gold); the list is endless

you do raise another good point... after this four year bear gold market, the pundits are now saying (what you likely thought all along)... oh, we are super bullish gold, as always, but only hold 5 to 10% in gold; so now they cover their bums at people who lost heaps by thinking to follow their advise... I mean if you had good mix the last 5 years, you did well; you dont care your gold went down 20% or so

So, if one thinks of gold as insurance / protection and not a get rich scheme, all will be fine

But that still leads one to wonder... why do FEDs and MSM even strongly advise NO GOLD; the reason I ask, is that if the entire planet had 5 to 10% in GOLD (from now), we would be on an amazing run... even though GOLD is an inert NOTHING, it would would rocket up, and everybody happy... just demand and supply... and imagine if all put 5% into GOLD and never sold (you dont sell insurance, you just pay it and keep it); wow, that would be fun to see... especially the faces of the FEDs and the perma bears; they would be so confused

It is amazing that the FEDs and perma bears are so, so riled up about people have a few percent in gold; I have changed my ideas to yours... I am a little high right now... 15%, but I am now at the 5-10% and then I play with the other 5%

Actually, let us conjecture the world dumped gold... ok, it dies and is no more, like Dutch Tulips. Let us say the world still (on the macro level) did not trust the bubbles and started being 50+% cash; therefore the bubbles would all pop, and the con artists would lose money; my question: would the FEDs and govts and MSM start railing against cash.... can we get to the stage, like China, that you are forced to by stocks and even you are prevented from selling them, after you buy
    Last edited by danhoff: 13/09/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.