BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Suppose you want to use Relenza to cover your familiy for three...

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Suppose you want to use Relenza to cover your familiy for three months while the vaccine is developed, manufactured and shipped. My understanding is that the preventative dose is half the curative dose. So each course of Relenza as a preventative will cover one person for ten days. So if you have five family members you need 10 courses per person times 5 = 50 courses of Relenza. Current on-line price is A$200 per course - it has not gone up for a few days now so it is probably a good time to buy - isn't it always ;-)

So cost is A$200 times 50 = A$10,000 to protect your familiy for three months. Are people actually paying this?

Now A$200 - quadruple of Australian chemists list price

In no way do I reccomend the above web-site. They never give good answers to my questions as to why they take one month to ship Relenza. And the chat respondents assure me they live in Canada and are Canadian citizens but have funny names and the structure of the speech has an Indian ring to me:

"Fasi: Hello. How may I assist you?
    you: Can you understand why it takes one month to wrap up and Fed Ex Relenza? Surely when you are charging four times the price you can afford to put on more staff to increase throughput and hence profitability? Please explain
    Fasi: It is taking this much time because there is huge demand for the flu medications and we are shipping the medications on first come first serve basis
    you: But why not put on more staff and make an ever bigger profit?
    Fasi: I appreciate your suggession "

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.