HAV 4.44% 23.5¢ havilah resources limited

Havilah's Developing Projects

1. 3,431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1037
    South Australia's Copper Strategy, Achievements to 30 June 2017

"Copper prices have now rebounded, and the global demand for copper is expected to pick up with an anticipated 2020 supply shortage.

South Australian explorers and miners continue to forge success with work underway in 2017 on Olympic Dam’s Southern Mine Area, a second decline at Prominent Hill and assessment of the Carrapateena and Kalkaroo projects."

There are six (6) advanced copper projects (JORC resource, feasibility studies underway) that are being case managed by the SA Government.

Of the six, 3 are Havilah's (Kalkaroo, Mutooroo and North Portia).

The other 3 belong to Oz Minerals (Khamsin, Carrapateena) and Rex Minerals (Hillside).

Of the $2 billion of potential capital expenditure (see below), approximately $1 billion relates just to Oz Mineral's Carrapateena project. Carrapateena is a copper-gold deposit hosted in a brecciated granite complex and is mostly chalcopyrite with a central high grade bornite zone. The deposit is shaped like a near vertical pipe and sits under approximately 500 metres of unmineralised rock cover. It will be mined using a process called sub-level caving. Hence the cost.

Kalkaroo, Mutooroo and North Portia are all proposed open pit mines.

HAV Advanced Projects - 1.jpg

"South Australia maintains a strong project pipeline at 30 June 2017, with the state well placed to treble production and meet the major objective of 1 Mtpa of copper by 2030."

Source: http://www.minerals.statedevelopment.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/294686/Achievements.pdf

Kalkaroo, Mutooroo and North Portia forms part of that 1 Mtpa of copper by 2030.

Cheers

These are only my random thoughts (Kool-Aid: it maintains my sunny personality. Plus having all my HAVO now allotted as HAV shares) and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional expert

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.010(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $74.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 24.0¢ 22.5¢ $92.88K 408.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21997 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 25477 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.