HAV 10.5% 21.0¢ havilah resources limited

"My thoughts would be the only revenue stream achievable would...

1. 3,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1021

"My thoughts would be the only revenue stream achievable would be sending the pyrite cobalt containing concentrate (ie. the left overs from our processing) to Cobalt Blue assuming their process and business case is positive. That being the case what would it be worth ??? and is it feasible to truck it to Broken Hill for processing."

@peterbax

I believe Havilah's primary aim is still to identify Chinese operated smelting and roasting facilities that would accept the Kalkaroo copper and pyrite concentrates, which depends on respective metal payability, treatment and refining costs. See Havilah's ASX Media Release dated 9 May 2019.

If Cobalt Blue can demonstrate its process on a commercial scale, that may be an alternative for Havilah.

At Kalkaroo, cobalt is contained in the cobaltian pyrite. So that means, when you do the grinding and flotation process you end up with a pyrite concentrate.

The pyrite concentrate runs 1-1.5% copper, 2-5 g/t gold and 3,000-4,000 g/t cobalt, which in their own right is a very nice mineral resource that has low concentrations of penalty elements (e.g. arsenic, cadmium or arsenic). See post # 34554724

At Main Kalkaroo, once it is up and running, it could produce up to 400,000 tonnes per annum of pyrite concentrate from mining the copper sulphide ore (which is all underneath the copper-gold oxide ore).

Assuming spot cobalt price of US$43,650/tonne, on my calculation just the cobalt in the Main Kalkaroo pyrite concentrate could be worth up to US$70 million per annum to Havilah before metal payability, treatment and refining costs.

Conclusion: To date no value has been assigned to the pyrite concentrate in the Kalkaroo PFS, therefore any sales opportunities identified by the marketing studies has the potential to increase the total project revenue.

Pyrite concentrate.jpg

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.020(10.5%)
Mkt cap ! $66.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 21.0¢ 19.0¢ $37.19K 186.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80000 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 28570 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.5¢
  Change
0.020 ( 2.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ 42348
Last updated 14.45pm 26/04/2024 ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.