Are you going to answer the question regarding the factcheck...

1. 1,727 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Are you going to answer the question regarding the factcheck article? Who wrote it? What is their background and qualifications?

Btw, your factchecking did not address any of the statements made in the articles I posted. Do you concede these articles are accurate? If so, isn't it time to concentrate on addressing the causes of these fires that we have the ability to influence, rather than parroting the BS "lightning strike/climate emergency". I can't see how it's doing anyone any good to blame things we cannot control, at least in the immediate future, rather than address the elephant in the room, arson, and potentially reduce the frequency and impact of these devastating fires.

IMO, this should be addressed as a matter of urgency. A public awareness campaign of epic proportions now, before summer! Consequences should be plastered all over the media. Anyone arrested for arson should have their case fast-tracked and, if found guilty, sentenced harshly. Again, plaster this all over the media. Make it clear that these type are the enemy of the people and encourage the public to be highly vigilant of any suspicious behaviour, take photos and details such as number plates etc. I live in a bushfire zone, spend plenty of time in and around the bush, and will be doing my bit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.