When you're talking a person who is fundamentally a multi...

1. 2,653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    When you're talking a person who is fundamentally a multi million dollar asset, sacrifices are to be made.

"I want to be a highly paid AFL player but also live my life the way I want"
    Well, no.

> its not so much about the players and the success of the teams and the profits for the club.

It has been noticed that players who are focused heavily on their personal life do not play as well.

The AFL has a responsibility to its audience to pick the best possible players.
    But, additionally, the players have a responsibility to the club to make the necessary sacrifice to be the best player they can be.

There are literally tens of thousands of young people who would gladly give up their family ties in the short term in order to gain the financial nest egg that being a professional AFL player can offer in the long term.

Is it a hard job, yes. But that's why it's a highly paid job.

It's just a sacrifice to be made, Scott. Should cardiothoracic surgeons be complaining about the significant sacrifices they had to make in their personal lives in order to meet the requirements of being a cardiothoracic surgeon?

>creating deeper isolation of first Aussies is not a good result.
    So then, would you suggest that professional AFL player is not a good job for first Aussies?
    Lord. You cannot have your cake and eat it. Special rules and considerations for people based on personal characteristics is the literal definition of racism.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.