LYC 0.49% $6.13 lynas rare earths limited

HC and beyond...

1. 1,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1922
    I know a lot of new LYC investors and the biggest question they have with regards to DD is where to find information...

First of all and to the newcomers, the HC Lynas message board is probably the quickest and purest source for conducting DD regarding Lynas.  While there are many active posters there are many more lurkers who enjoy checking up and following Lynas from the ground level on a day to day basis.  Also while Lynas management does not post or endorse any posters on HC, they do monitor the board and will answer questions...

Without mentioning names we have posters who know and talk to the entire senior staff, others who monitor building site progress and even a good doctor who keeps us current with internal Malaysian issues and a deciphered look at the complex scientific issues.  I have also seen hapless and clueless posters who seek to manipulate the board, only to be crushed by the appropriate poster bearing the truth...

Over the years the board has changed but it surprises me how many of the posters and lurkers are still invested in LYC.  The knowledge on this board runs deep, many investors like myself go back 10 years or more to the days of Nick Curtis who was hawking a very rich  rare earth deposit in Western Australia...

Lynas is an interesting study, everything from the manipulation of rare earth prices to pure political harassment have been skillfully negotiated by the CEO Amanda Lacaze.  Amanda is the central force and shares her vision with the very compact and competent senior staff.  It is noteworthy that members of the senior staff are the same team Amanda assembled upon her arrival and they are still very enthusiastic and positive about the future...

Anyway, rare earth production is much less mining and much more of a complex chemical process called solvent extraction.  There are three phases in the separation process where the ore goes in one end and a fine powder emerges from the other.It is this magnetic powder that will help change the world by helping to power green projects...

From Malaysia, much of the separated rare earths are sent to Japan who has over the years has established itself as a principle customer of Lynas.  It would suffice to say that Japan is primarily responsible for the success of Lynas by providing financing at a time when things were very bleak...

Bottom line,  Lynas owns 100% of the mine in Western Australia and 100% of the processing facilities in Malaysia.  Progress is being made at a new processing facility in Kalgoorlie and we know that Lynas has been talking to the US about rare earth separation.  The financial numbers are great and management is sitting on all cylinders.

It pays to understand the vision and the company and for those who do, Lynas is already paying off handsomely.   The nosebleed valuation of MP Materials, who is a disorganized rare earth producer that just waves the rare earth flag, makes the potential of the Lynas share price to be quite intriguing.  Rare earths are the next big thing and Lynas is already is a dominate force in this rapidly growing industry...  JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.13
Change
-0.030(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $5.729B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.16 $6.20 $6.10 $18.66M 3.037M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 16114 $6.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.14 24774 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.