hc is not for me, page-14

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Good on you pd - it is that sympathetic, problem-solving approach that made you a good moderator.

It is no shock to anyone to learn the moderators' function is to censor content for the site in the way the operator requires without any come-back.

There is no reason to say it is not censorship. Only censorship of free speech is a problem. HC posting is not free speech. On the contrary, the site has a lot of well-known and oft-repeated rules intended specifically to "modify" free speech.

Thought of in that way, if a comparison were made to Russion censorship, well they were absolutely superlative moderators and such a comparison could be worn as a badge of honour rather than a flame - hey, maybe a hammer and sickle emblem to replace the current symbol?

The thing which grates a bit is the absolute intolerance of rash "I'm running away from home Mum. don't try and stop me" posts. "Ok - Im letting your room, don't ever come back" is sometimes not really the response anticipated. Well, depending on the person and what they say and how they say it.

I can see how it is annoying if people say they don't like the site and are leaving, and why it must be appealing to moderators to have just one immutable rule that they don't have to agonise over. If you're leaving fine, see you later (not).

Despite the absolute rule of the operators, there is still a community of people here as a result of all the interactions and it comes across as a disproportionate response which could be the subject of considerate review when circumstances warrant it, without interfering unduly with the undeniably absolute prerogative of the operators and moderators.

If florian has been posting for 10 years, it must be a reasonably important part of his life and his mispelt flame seemed in the milder category.

Not starting a blue about it, just making a polite observation that you may or may not care to consider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.