G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

HC "Rules" for Posting

1. 1,465 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 261
    It seems I need to provide some information re posting on HC to a number of you. Firstly HC is not Face book or Twitter, you can’t just say anything you want to. HC have their own “rules” which many of you are obviously unaware of. You can find them towards the bottom of any HC page, just click on “Posting Guidelines”

From my experience posts generally seem to fit into one of two categories; 1, opinions, or 2, statements of facts. Although HC don’t spell it out well in their blurb I know that when you are doing an “opinion” type post they would like you to convey exactly that by using the words “my opinion”, “I think” or similar, or end the post with IMO (In My Opinion). It absolutely removes any possibility of the post being misconstrued as a “fact” type post.

Post which are statements of facts need to contain correct facts. They should also contain links or references to where the information in the post came from, ie be substantiated. So if you are posting that A + B = C you are supposed to say something like A; 2nd qrtly p3, B; 16/8 ann p2. If you don’t substantiate your post with such information anyone can complain to the moderators who will say “yeh, not substantiated, give it the chop”. If the facts are not substantiated and another poster questions the figures posted the appropriate response is to provide the links, references or whatever that should have been in the original post pronto.

Take responsibility for what you post

You are responsible, and may be liable, for anything you say or post on the message boards including (without limitation) under securities, defamation and other laws in Australia

Hopefully you can understand HC don’t want people posting false information or untruths that would mislead other posters or possibly result in legal action against the poster (or probably more so against HC)

The reason I am telling you this is because if you look back at previous posts on about 16/8 a couple that made reference to MUS having production of 500k crts pa have been “modded” essentially because they were not correct. It makes no difference if the poster thinks the facts are correct. The poster has the option now to repost exactly the same figure if he can substantiate it with appropriate links or refs. (I await with interest). Also if he can substantiate that I have made a personal attack on him he can take the matter to the “mods”. Keep in mind that despite his claims I have said absolutely nothing about him personally, not called him names only belittled the ludicrous 500k figure in his post when it was either x 2 or x 3 bigger than the correct one, so good luck with that.

I might add that the figure of 500k pa was questioned by another poster who went to the trouble of providing his own calculation of 210k crts pa and virtually asked why the difference. The reply was rather curt, explained little and gave no links, references or evidence what-so-sever of where or how the 500k figure was obtained. Basically saying because it is.

Now beyond that I hope you can see that HC’s rules are there to protect all of us and boy do you guys need protecting. Simply because this figure was provided by one of your fav posters you did not check, you believe anything he tells you – not very smart. I am not suggesting that he is stringing you along, I assume he has made an error (which we all do from time to time) but not even one of you picked up on it despite the fact it was out by a country mile and disappointingly he made no effort to recheck it even after confronted. It amazes me to see that quite a number of you talk MUS each and very day on HC yet would appear to have absolutely no idea of the production rate (despite the fact that in many cases it appears to be your only investment).

I understand that some of you are not happy with me but suggest that if you are at all savvy you should be able to see this is an excellent example of just why the rules exist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.