HCH 3.68% 78.5¢ hot chili limited

Based on what I have experienced the water business would be...

1. 198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 173
    Based on what I have experienced the water business would be setup up as a separate business unit (Atacama water for example) Then all cost from ocean through to site would be costed to the water business.

Hot Chili mining would be charged for sea water supply.

Ohers would be charged at a fresh water rate due to capex and opex to build run de salination plant this would be easiest and cleanest way for accounting purposes.

Accounting and profits would be reported as separate business units as to enable to understand how each business unit performs and to establish yearly budgets etc

Costing for a desalination plant just from the interviews where it has been suggested i think was around 600mil (not a item in current PEA)

The pumping and pipe line would then come out of the mine capex but a unit cost for water purchased would then have to be included in Opex. Maybe not much of a change to the studies overall for life of mine.

One thing from the PEA is it is only a 16 year LOM @ 110 000 tonnes pa CuEq or about 1.7mil tonnes of a current MRE iam estimating at 4 to 4.5mil tonnes CuEq so i see alot of upside to the studies moving forward even without more exploration success.

I think RR point about a higher grade starter pit at low depth is it will enable alot more of the lower grade near surface material around Cortadera to be blended and be more economical to mine. Consistent grade through grinding and flotation enables plant stability, better recovery and lower reagent use.

More economic material on the fringes of Cortadera means less waste a lower strip ratio therefore a larger pit shell and the pit can go to a lower depth and remove the need for a UG cave operation (next PEA due late this year)

There is still more work to be done at the higher grade satelites of San Antonio and Valentina.

From Salpetites satellite images it looks like the hope Coreteo may be another easy satellite deposite and maybe higher grade as its in the same N/S zone as San Antonio etc

RR also said in recent interview the consolidation is almost finished so another acquisition is likely.

Bastion will probably be later as it will take time to get drilling permission and to build roads and pads for drilling hence the two option periods with 30 month option period the most likely I feel just with current cash needs and time lines.

Hope this helps

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.