XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

hctv presents goldfinger monday

1. 6,485 Posts.
    Welcome to HCTV!

This week we venture into the world of MI6 and 007 with...
    Goldfinger

Holidaying on a private island off the coast of Bali, BiggDaddy Bond receives a visitor.
    Jeeps Leiter...Oh I'm sorry Bond, I thought you'd be dressed at this hour.
    BB...I am dressed, I was trading.
    BB...What is it Jeeps?
    JL...I have a message from M. He says he's absolutely certain that his predictions will come true within the next 20 years or so. Oh and MI6 want you to keep an eye on a man called Loki Goldfinger. Seems gold and related stocks have not been moving despite the market soaring, he may be responsible.
    LG...I'm telling you I'm not Gorbachev! Now look the plan is running smoothly, stage one is complete, I am a trusted gold poster. Soon we will have cornered the market.
    Voltaire Q...Now pay attention Bond will you. This Julia here will activate the Julia rockets and emit Julia gas from the exhaust. The other Julia is a tracking Julia, you got all that. Try not to Julia it up this time.
    LG...Mr Bond, meet one of my associates...Oddball Stu. His deadly hat is laced with flouoride which eats through the skin upon contact, quite a weapon.
    BB...The hat or Stu?
    LG...Touche Mr Bond. I'm hosting a small party at my private retreat in the mountains this weekend, I insist you join me. My pilot will fly you there.
    PG...You're a worthy adversary Mr Bond, just relax, we'll be landing soon."
    BB...And you are?
    PG...Paddo, Paddo Galore, Mr Goldfinger's personal pilot and posting goddess.
    LG...Stage two of my brilliant plan is underway Mr Bond, buying up all the gold and gold stocks at good prices. Now that you know, I cannot let you live. Come, we have a lightshow.
    LG...They won't be calling you BiggDaddy after this Bond!
    BB (breaking free)...Not so fast Goldfinger!
    LG...I've been robbed, youse all seen it, racist uncle tom's!
    BB...Stu, isn't the only stock you own a goldie?
    OS...Oh yeah, hey great! Let's get a taco.
    Zia Moneypenny...Well done BiggDaddy, when will you make an honest woman of me?
    BB...Not today Moneypenny, I just got through Pussy Galore.

========================================
    This presentation of Goldfinger was proudly brought to you by Mowibble's Seaside Cafe...

Market Update
    The DOW broke 14,000 on Friday, the XJO is not that far from 5,000. What the hell, I've been going backwards?? lol
    Our futures are at +24. Gold and Oil which have been languishing had modest gains. Here's a summary of the weeks data courtesy of Business Spectator...
    "Company news dominates a massive week ahead, with the beginning of the February earnings season heralding an avalanche of corporate results.
    Telstra Corporation, Cochlear and Tabcorp are among the big names due to reveal earnings to the public, while reports from Transurban, Newcrest Mining and Business Spectator owner News Corporation are also on tap.
    In local economic news, the Reserve Bank of Australia will hold its first policy setting meeting of the New Year, where it will make its highly-anticipated decision on interest rates.
    Elsewhere, retail sales data, building approvals and trade balance figures will be released.
    Overseas, United States international trade data and factory order figures are awaited.
    And finally, the European Central Bank and the Bank of England will both hold policy meetings, where they will also make decision on interest rates."

Good trading to all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.