XJO 0.71% 7,783.0 s&p/asx 200

hctv presents iron trader monday

1. 6,485 Posts.
    HCTV is proud to present our cult market show Iron Trader. Enjoy!

From a young boy our Chairman BiggDaddy Kaga has wanted to realise his dream of constructing a special arena he calls Market Stadium, where he could pit his 4 Iron Traders against some of the most respected investors in the country, in a battle of wits designed to find the greatest of all.

This weeks challenger, Cyclic is well known for his calls and believes he has what it takes to take down one of our Iron Traders.
    If my memory serves me correctly you have made some great calls recently, how do you think you will go.
    I will win.
    Very confident talk there from our challenger, let's summon the iron traders. Our Iron Trader Materials - JGunter, Iron Trader Gold - Pisces, Iron Trader - Speccies - Martis and Iron Trader Astro - Nine Lives.
    Which trader will you choose.
    Iron Trader Astro.
    Aah, Nine Lives apprenticed with some of the finest Astro traders in the world, before opening his own place at the age of 18, he was awarded the first of his Bloomberg stars in Paris when he was 24, and is regarded as the most exciting exponent of Astro since the great Athena Starwoman.

Let's unveil the theme equity.
    It's Energy Resources Australia (ERA). The Chairman has really pulled out all the stops with this difficult ingedient. I doubt either of these experienced traders have worked much with this popular yet perennial bottom feeder. Let's see how they go, each trader has 1 hour to make as much profit from the theme equity as they can.
    Allez Equity

On our panel today include the always outspoken El Capo, known batman impersonator Mowibble, and equity critic Bluesdog, always a pleasure...Welcome everyone.
    Oh look Cyclic is studying his patterns trying to determine when if any is the right time to buy. Over at the Iron Traders desk, things are going well, he's writing out his plan of attack.....Has he got enough time for that, it's only an hour.
    Excuse Me.....Go ahead Ota.
    Yes I just asked the challenger what he thought of todays them and he simply said You've got to be kidding me, I never buy this stock. Nine Lives is showing no sign of stress at the moment and is calmly jotting down numbers turning charts upside down and watching 13 screens at once.
    Whoa, did you see that, the challenger has pulled out a phone, is he calling a broker?
    Nine lives has finally started on his trading...
    Go ahead Ohta.....Yes Nine Lives says he thinks he can do 5 trades today, Cyclic is going for 4....
    Will 4 trades be enough, we shall see, only 10 mins to go now, there's frantic action now as the traders realise time is short and neither is confident about jumping in.
    Only 60 seconds left now, there's so much activity it's hard to know what's going on.
    Ok time's up.
    Now it's up to our judges to view their trades and decide on the winner.
    Cyclic has put up 4 trades for a sum total of $2.16.
    Nine Lives has 5 trades and a net loss of $2765.

Who will win it, whose trades reign supreme?
    Iron Trader Nine Lives!!!!
    Well that was a surprise, what are your thoughts Bluesdog? Well at least in my opinion, the iron trader went with 5 trades and although he lost money, anyone willing to trade ERA 5 times deserves to win something.
    You traded well Cyclic, an extra buy may have got you over the line. Yes, but it was a difficult theme and I could not bring myself to do it 5 times, I am happy with my performance.

PS Hi everyuone, apologies if there are any mistakes. I am away at the beautiful Myall Lakes in a beach house, have not read threads since Friday and don't even have internet. I had to con the people next door to let me use their computer at 11pm on a Sunday night to whack this out.
    Good trading, I'll be back in Sydney tomorrow but will only have my 20 minute delayed prices all day.....Aagh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.