XJO 1.29% 7,861.2 s&p/asx 200

hctv presents the castle monday

1. 6,485 Posts.
    Welcome to HCTV!

Considering the recent heart felt crankers from my comrades in arms and their success, I thought it was about time I shared something personal...
    The Castle

"My name is Stu Kerrigan, and this is my story!"
    "We lived at 28 Wombat Crescent, just 2 doors down from the Zoomba Lounge. My dad Darryl, who everyone just called BiggDaddy loved the serenity of the place."

BD...How's the serenity?
    "I think he also just loved the word."
    BD...So much serenity.
    "Our crescent was going to be the heart of a major housing development, but it never got up. They reckon the Zoomba put people off, that and the power lines. Not Dad. He reckons power lines are a reminder of man's ability to generate electricity. He's always saying great things like that."
    "And there was my brother Jeeps, he was an ideas man. That's why Dad calls him the Ideas Man. He has lots of ideas."

J...It's a motorcycle helmet with a built-in brake light.
    BD...You're an ideas man Jeeps.
    "And finally my Mum. If Dad is the backbone, Mum is the other bones. All of 'em. Dad would compliment Mum every night on her cooking."
    BD...Well hello. How's this boys. Woo hoo. What' do you call this?
    M...Chicken.
    BD...And it's got something sprinkled on it
    M...Seasoning
    BD...Seasoning! Looks like everybody's kicked a goal.
    "Dad was a shrewd investor as well."
    J...Dad, there's a bloke on the phone, wants to sell us some Lynas shares.
    BD...What's he asking?
    J...70c
    BD...Tell him, he's dreamin'!
    "And he was always proud of us kids, like the time I framed my first cranker and gave it to him for christmas."
    BD...This is going straight to the pool room.
    "Then one day came a knock at the door"
    "Dad was quiet for days afterwards, then..."

BD...The corporate giant that owns the Zoomba, Report Card Inc wants to expand and build a 2 storey Turkish bath. They want our home. I'm not taking this lying down...or standing up!
    "For a while everything went on as normal."
    BD...Ay Jeeps, can you move the Camira? I need to get the Torana out to get to the Commodore.
    J...Sure thing Dad, but I'll have to get the keys to the Cortina if I'm gunna move that Camira.
    BD...Alright mate, just watch the boat.
    "My brother Jeeps had a mate who'd just graduated as a welder, and he said we might have a case."
    Mowibble...I object!
    Judge...On what basis?
    MW...It's just the vibe of the thing your honour.
    "Dad looked after our neighbours as well."
    Costa...This man, he come to my house, say if I don't sell, he send friend round. I said...You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your car and blow you to bloody sky!
    "Then Dad met Terry."
    "Terry Mitta was an actual lawyer, pretty important I think, but Dad still kept Mowibble on, he was like that"

TM...Your honour, I'd like to discuss the legal definition of a home...
    BD...I'll take it from here Terry. It's not just a house... it's our home! It's every Australian family's dream. A quarter acre block. A Pool Room. A barbie. And a nightclub over the back fence.
    Judge...You've convinced us Mr Kerrigan, we rule in your favour.
    BD...Hah, suffer in your jocks!
    "Dad was our hero!. But despite the success, our lives never changed"
    J...Hey Dad, Martis just made another prediction on the XJO thread.
    "I'm Stu Kerrigan, that was my story."

====================================
    This screening of The Castle was proudly brought to you by the Zoomba Lounge...

Market Update US and Euro markets were mixed again on Friday. Gold was up slightly. and Oil was down a little. Here's a summary of the weeks data courtesy of Business Spectator...
    "The first week of December brings a mixture of important economic indicators from both Australia and around the world.
    In local news, housing finance data is due, alongside new car sales figures and lending finance numbers.
    Overseas, the United States Federal Reserve will hold its last policy meeting for 2012, where it will make a decision on interest rates. Consumer inflation data and business inventories data is also due.
    Elsewhere, a glut of indicators are due out of China, including consumer and producer inflation data as well as retail sales figures.
    A massive week in company news sees annual general meetings held by three of the biggest banks in the country. Westpac Banking Corporation, National Australia Bank and Bank of Queensland will all meet shareholders."

Good trading to all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.