XJO 0.12% 7,822.3 s&p/asx 200

Welcome to HCTV!Continuing the theme of cult films set in...

1. 6,485 Posts.
    Welcome to HCTV!

Continuing the theme of cult films set in dystopian times, please enjoy...
    Escape From New York

The year is 2013, the music video rate has gone up by 400%. The once great Zoomba Lounge has been reduced to a lawless cesspool brimming with the worst of humanity. The rules are simple, once you go in, you don't come out.
    "Plisskin, you're looking at a long stretch. I could make those charges go away if you help us with a little problem. There was an accident. About an hour ago, a small jet went down inside the Zoomba compound. The President was on board."
    Jako Plissken...The president of what?
    "Don't be a fool Plisskin, the President of the Heart Federation, H.S. Pete. You have 24 hours to bring the President out alive, or the deal is off"
    Wassup Cabbie...Just a minute mister, this guy played Britney Spears last week. Hey wait, I know you. You're Jako Plisskin, love your videos Mr Plisskin.
    JP...I'm looking for the President.
    WC...The president of what? I'll take you to see Brain, he knows everything.
    Pisces Brain...Jako, Jako take it easy. I don't know where they're keeping him. But the Duke and I have a special relationship.
    JP...The Duke?
    PB...Yeah the Duke of the Zoomba, I can get you in!
    I believe in miracles, where're you from, you sexy thing...sexy thing you
    Duke Stu...You say you know this guy Brain?
    PB...We go way back Duke, we used to post Dylan together on a forum in the 60's.
    DS...What's your business here Plisskin?
    JP...I've come for the President!
    DS...The president of what? Oh that guy...
    Cogs...Relax Pres, I'll play you something I put together with Ableton
    DS...You can have the suit Plisskin, but first you must fight your way out of the Politics forum.
    "Laaaadies and gentlemen, lets get ready to rumble!. Introducing in the blue corner...Voltaire the Terrible....(Waaahh)"
    "Looks like Voltaire has been moderated there Teddy. A dark day for followers of politics"

DS...I keep my word Plisskin, the President is all your yours.
    JP...Nah stuff it, let's play some tunes!

=======================================
    This screening of Escape From New York was proudly brought to you by the Roads and Traffic Authority...

Market Update
    The market keeps on keeping on. The DOW is hovering around 14,000, the ASX is above 5,000, with SPI futures closing at +13. Gold and Oil are still struggling, both dropping significantly on Friday. Here's a summary of the weeks data courtesy of Business Spectator...
    "Earnings results will dominate the week ahead as the February season moves into its peak period.
    Companies due to report this week include blue chips BHP Billiton, Qantas Airways and Fortescue Metals Group.
    Woodside Petroleum, Coca Cola Amatil, Origin Energy and Fairfax Media will all also reveal figures.
    Elsewhere, local news is dominated by the release of minutes of the Reserve Bank of Australia’s last policy meeting.
    New car sales data and the latest wage price index are also due.
    Overseas, the United States Federal Reserve will release the minutes of its January policy meeting, while key consumer price readings out of Europe and Chinese manufacturing data is on tap.
    And finally, the European Central Bank governing council will hold a non-rate setting meeting."

Good trading to all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.