XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

hctv's xxviii olympiad monday

1. 6,485 Posts.
    Welcome to HCTV! We're pleased to announce we've secured the rights to the...
    XXVIII Olympiad

After 4 years of training it all comes down to the next 16 days. I'm Wassup Maguire, and along with our expert analysts and correspondents, we'll bring you all the best action over the next 2 weeks. The naked mens road race is going on as we speak.
    Let's get straight into it and head to the velodrome. Your commentator, Costa4.
    C...Thanks Wassup. Yes we're here at the newly built Redbacka Velodrome for the final of the Pursuit between Lynas Shareprice of Malaysia and Bruce Herd from Australia. I managed to speak to Bruce a little earlier on...
    C...Bruce, how do you rate your chances?
    BH...I'm pumped Costa, think I'm in pretty good form. I got within 40c of Lynas in March, gonna give it 180%. I feel if I post at least 100 comments on the internet, I should be able to close any gap.
    C...As the gun goes, Lynas gets off to a great start.
    C...Herd has taken off in pursuit.
    C...Unfortunately Lynas just had too much for Herd today, pulled out 6c early and then just kept building an advantage. Back to you Wassup.
    WM...I said blueberry muffin you idiot!
    "Umm Wassup you're live"
    WM...Welcome back, we'll head out to see how the hammer throw went with our man on the ground Chris Ford.
    (get off me you freak, that mole's like a second head)
    CF...It was an exciting finish to the hammer throw today. For those new to the event, each competitor nominates the stockbroker they despise the most, and smashes him or her with a hammer. The winner is the one who causes the most damage. We have footage of the gold medal throw by J Gunter of Germany who managed to shatter the facial bones of Wayne Carr from RBS Morgans.
    CF...We've just had word that an Aussie is about to hit the rocks at the cliff diving, we'll go straight to Kates9999 in Dover.
    K...Thanks Chris. That's right, we're only 2 divers away from seeing Terry Fortescue go for gold. Terry's been one of Australia's success stories, but suddenly switched to the cliff diving only months before the games. He's up, the entire nation is behind you. Go Terry!
    K...The crowd has gone wild, a magnificent dive of over 80c. Terry hit the rocks with such grace. Our first gold, I'm so proud to be an Aussie at the moment, Mercury must have been in Uranus this week.
    Stay tuned to your Olympic channel for more exciting action.

=================================
    These Olympic moments were proudly brought to you by the McDonalds in Yass.

Market Update
    Overseas markets continued their upside moves on Friday. All major markets, as well as gold and oil were up. Here is a summary of this weeks data courtesy of Business Spectator...
    "The week ahead brings the start of August and as such, the official beginning of the local reporting season.
    A number of mining groups are due to release fourth quarter production figures this week, in a small taste of what is to come over the next month.
    In local news, building approvals data is due, along with house price figures and trade balance numbers.
    Overseas, the United States Federal Reserve will hold its two-day policy meeting for July.
    Elsewhere, the European Central Bank and Bank of England will make their interest rate announcements for the month."

Good trading to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.