GRK 0.00% 0.2¢ green rock energy limited

hdr v hfr

1. 286 Posts.
    GDY were expecting dry rocks. By that I mean relatively dry, as all granite contains some water in the natural fractures. It seemed odd to call them dry rocks when in actual fact they were wet. Hence the name change.

There is a confusion here, it appears there is a belief that there is either a dry rock or a wet rock, and that there are associated advantages and disadvantages with one or the other. The fact is the there is a degree of wetness with all rock. It will probably be seen that all so called dry rock projects are wet anyway.

The focus should not be on whether a project is labeled HDR or HFR, this is irrelevant. What is important is whether the rock can be fractured in a horizontal plane.
    GRD encountered this. The pressure GDY encountered is a result of differing stress fields, Max stress horizontally, and the minor field in the vertical direction, resulting in preferential horizonal fracturing.

GDY were jumping with joy when they encountered pressured rocks, ( it was associated with water but that was not a surprise), because this indicated a rock with the right rock mechanics for fracturing.

The primary thing is whether a rock is able to be effectively fractured or not. Wetness / dryness is not the issue.

Once a rock is fractured naturally occurring water will fill the fractures. This will then be pumped around in a closed system.

I would focus discussion on whether the HEWI model allows for sediments overlying a granite to be fractured as effectively as a granite.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.