PNA 0.00% $1.84 panaust limited

This will be the biggest volume days in years and on what kind...

1. 237 Posts.
    This will be the biggest volume days in years and on what kind of news? A partial refi of a known facility with some extortionist rates and roll price?

No this is not the kind of news for a 100% price rise and a record trade volume.

So, why the craze? Yes, copper is up a bit but that is the standard end year Santa Claus rally. Most commentators (no, I don't take much stock in them either) will say that demand is really down and the commodity prices look grim for 2009.

So, why the jump with attendant volumes? I certainly don't trust this baby. I am a long term sentiment guy because I still believe in the long term commodity cycle with China ascendant. But I am not in until this cycle turns and PNA survives. Yes they supposedly have great management (I believe GXB who seems to have a fair bit of useful info on PNA) and I think they will survive.

Now with this facility roll it is a message crafted to look good within the facts. But lets be truthful. If it were a 'real roll' then the facility would not have a step up at end July. This is a partial roll with large incentives to get GSJBW repaid.

The real news will be in four months or so when PNA get a new facility that lets them pay out the GSJBW facility. Or not. Either way, that is the real news.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.