WBC 0.58% $27.52 westpac banking corporation

I don't care , although at the community level our society...

1. 587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    I don't care , although at the community level our society should care , we had something like 125k empty houses in Sydney in 2012 now it's double that number . if we import the Chinese ghost city concept into apartment towers it crushes the market , if you build inventory for buyers who desert the market it creates financial instability . it is also a significant money laundering exposure as there is no legislation in Australia that requires real estate agents , lawyers or accounts to report transactions . if you deposit 10k into a bank account the legislation requires the bank to report it to austrac , if you buy a 5m house though nothing's reported to anyone . I think creating a magnet for organised crime is an issue for the country . WRT to WBC , a disorderly market & risk process creates shareholder risk because it undermines financial stability . There is some very early evidence of forced sales and capital repatriation of western held assets of Chinese investors , if this accelerates it will mean many of these empty assets will be sold , this will undermine the credit risk assumptions of the entire banking system

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.52
Change
-0.160(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $95.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.54 $27.59 $27.42 $128.8M 4.682M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21391 $27.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.53 15339 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.