KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

heading north very soon, page-15

1. 646 Posts.
    "I presume that once the deal is completed that KR would want to stay in the UK to bed the acquisition down"

That would be my take Surandy. You don't finalise an acquisition then walk away the next day.

I would assume that the lease negotiation has taken a while. I know if I were the land owner I would use my leverage and the small window of opportunity to get the best possible deal.

I actually appreciate the management team taking their time on this. I would rather do a thorough DD and walk away from a bad deal than make bold assumptions and pick up a dog (not saying that this is the case here).

IMO, thorough DD means understanding a business on a micro level. Poor DD leads to disaster!

I once sold a company for $50m that I personally valued at $30m. The buyer made lots of assumptions about back end synergies that turned out to be completely inaccurate. The reason for this is that they did not try to understand the complexities of the actual operation.

Ego, also had a huge part to play here as well. Management were too busy patting themselves on the back. During the DD process, good management should put the ego aside and assume that they know nothing about the business to be acquired, ask MANY questions and dig deep.

Sorry for the ramble. Just thought I would share some insight into the DD process for those that aren't familiar with it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.