RIO 1.90% $110.41 rio tinto limited

re: macquire report.. In May and now, both these miners have...

1. 309 Posts.
    re: macquire report.. In May and now, both these miners have found their lows. Its like taking candy from a baby to profit from these situations. The problem is that each time it happens, the sentiment towards the mining sector in general takes a hit, and it takes months for people to 'believe' again. The story has only just started with China, and more so India. We are in a 15 - 25 year expansion with BHP and RIO in the box seat. A direct comparison can be made with Japan's expansion after WW2 and beyond. The demand from the US seems to dominate the day to day trading of the stock, and this makes perfect sense - the ASX listing following pretty much exactly what the NYSE does with these. For some reason it seems the China/India message just doesn't get through to the US investors. They probably don't want to believe that their reign is coming to an end.

The question I always ask myself when a stock like this comes of 10% in a week is - what is the fundamental reason - the answer is always the same.... fear, and nothing more. Happy profiting from dips in BHP and RIO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$110.41
Change
2.060(1.90%)
Mkt cap ! $40.98B
Open High Low Value Volume
$109.22 $110.41 $108.55 $128.8M 1.171M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 199 $110.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$110.41 3397 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.