MVP 3.37% 43.0¢ medical developments international limited

Interesting to go back in this thread and see how much momentum...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Interesting to go back in this thread and see how much momentum and support there was in April-June at the $6-7 mark. Since then, nothing has changed except better management, more markets accessed, and continued evidence of revenue growth. The share price is now trading back at around those levels.

I did some back of the envelope calculations of the potential value for MVP. Based on a TAM of Penthrox of $250m as reported by MVP (which perhaps seems on the high side but if you factor in US being upto 50% of the market and yet to receive FDA approval it could end up being conservative), that's around $150m gross profit and $75m EBIT based on current margins. If no further share dilution via cap raising, then that could be a share price of $15 based on industry standard PE ratios. Using another valuation method based on peak sales x3 for a Phase 3 drug (total valuation of $750m, though really this is beyond Phase 3 except for US/FDA), I got around $12 per share. And if you add in the asthma medical devices, MVP have reported peak sales of $150m per annum which I think is very bullish. That has an estimated value of around x4 sales (conservative compared to industry average of x5 for medical devices), so an additional $600m in value or around $9 to the share price. And presumably there will be a wee bit of value in the vet products that I presume may get divested at some point.

All of this has some years to play out of course, but just to say I think $12 may be a stepping stone along the way. As long as they keep making the right decisions I will be happy to add to my position. I reckon we may have seen the end of $5s, and possibly $6s depending on the broader market movements.. and looks like the market is pretty keen to plow through the $7s as quickly as possible. Go you good thing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MVP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.