AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

Heads we win ...tails you lose!, page-62

1. 2,399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Johnny,
    This post is not intended as a bait or flame to you.
    So here goes:

Why have you set yourself up as some sort of ethics or morality cop in regards to the running of Axiom? Isn’t it rather arrogant to say that because "we didn't win conclusively then the CEO must be judged on results"? You also level accusations of ineptitude, mismanagement and lack of foresight by management. Really?

You think someone else could have done a better job at running AVQ through that legal nightmare? Perhaps  one of the negative proliferate posters on HC?

The failure of the Appeal result was not managements fault. It was ultimately the fault of some ministers in the former S.I government for not following the correct procedures etc in the past.

The result was unexpected. The three options considered at the time were Dismissal (highly likely), Upheld (highly unlikely), or Retender (a possibility). The actual result was neither of these things, but a reset of things prior to 2011 and some appeal points of SMMS upheld and some thrown out. It is my opinion that no-one, not the shareholders, not RM, not our lawyers or their lawyers or the S.I. Govt or the landowners thought that this would be the result. The blaming of RM for that and the summary drop in SP is in my opinion totally illogical.

I always thought that the SP would drop after seeing the CoA result because stock markets react emotionally and with these types of unexpected results they ALWAYS will go over the top in a negative direction. The exact reason stockholders bailed out is debatable but I doubt whether it was purely because of a perceived lack of funding to carry on.

The post you made is also full of emotive, over the top dramatic phrases such as below:
    "My loyalty has cost me tens of thousands of dollars personally and my belief in the accuracy of company information and announcements has been severely shaken, if not irreparably damaged. Pity the poor mums and dads who had stop losses hit."

It has cost you nothing yet unless you have sold out. It is a paper loss only. You should know that.

You should also know that it is a big overreaction that will not last, so in the end if AVQ is successful with the reapplication on Isabel that the SP will bounce back to previous levels and beyond. That is obvious to Blind Freddy. Wheeling out the old "Mums and Dads" cliche is also getting a bit old IMO.

As for your "belief in the accuracy of company information and announcements has been severely shaken, if not irreparably damaged" statement, then all that can be said of that is we live in the real world where these things happen all the time.

In addition, greed is not the sole province of AVQ. If you have ever worked in the mining industry here you can see it at all levels of company management. From middle management upwards you can see people that you wouldn’t employ as street sweepers (apologies to them) in well paid positions dispensing orders to the lower ranks and then doing themselves the exact opposite of what they preach. You wonder how in the hell they achieved management roles with generous salary’s and then realise that they had buddies that put them there in the first place, not from their abilities but for other reasons such as obsequiousness, and no qualms of bullying others lower down the ranks.

It goes on in all industries I have no doubt. People will gain advantage when they can. It’s called capitalism. Dog eat dog. I accept that it goes on. I accept that mates look after mates. Doesn’t mean I agree with it either. It is what it is.

The only thing I care about is making a profit from my AVQ shares. It is the only thing anyone cares about here, let’s be honest.

I don’t care what RM is paid at present as long as I make a profit in the end. If it was me I would probably take a pay cut until we get a result from Isabel, but that is me. I don’t believe many others would who post on here... that is just human nature.

I believe that the SP will bounce back as we receive drilling results from San Jorge and we receive the new PL from Santa Isabel. I have lost 50% of my share value too at the moment but believe it will come good in a few months and show healthy profits thereafter.

I don’t blame management for the CoA outcome. I don’t particularly like the share issue at 18c (I too think it should have been higher) and don’t like the fact that some close to management received the offer. But the reality is that it is done now and that is that.

Your post has opened the floodgates for every negative poster on HC to have a field day.
    You can post what you like but IMO it is unwise to put up such emotive stuff at this point in time when the SP has taken a hit. Do you really think this will help the SP at the moment?

Again this is not meant as a bait or flame to you.

Good Luck on your investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.