Health Minister to repay Travel allowance, page-60

1. 28,738 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    Federal Health Minister Sussan Ley has agreed to partly pay back the cost of four trips to the Gold Coast where she and her partner own two properties.
    Key points:

• Sussan Ley has travelled to the Gold Coast 20 times over three years, the ABC finds
    • The purchase of the apartment "was not planned nor anticipated", a spokesperson said earlier
    • Ms Ley asked the Department of Finance to review all her ministerial travel to the Gold Coast
    There are unanswered questions about 14 other taxpayer-funded trips identified by the ABC, including two New Year's Eve celebrations on the tourist strip. During one trip in 2015, Ms Ley purchased an almost-$800,000 apartment, prompting the Opposition to call for her resignation. She purchased the property while travelling to Queensland on ministerial business, accompanied by her partner. The full cost of their trip was $3,125 — paid for by taxpayers.
    In a statement, Ms Ley apologised for the "error of judgement" and said it did "not meet the high standards" set by the Prime Minister.

What part of "dishonest" is so difficult to concede, when itis clearly that. Such trite response from Susie by stating an "error of judgement" suggests she does not know how to act responsibily or with honesty. "High standards...." of the Prime Minister, blah blah blah. That is just plain wrong Susie and you are very evidently in need of taking Ethics 101 or asking your youngest child whether it passes his/her test or what the man in the pub thinks. The ordinary, every day person knows it is not an "error of judgement" but simply an act of blatant dishonesty. To reluctantly metre out some part of that cost to the taxpayer while admitting an "error of judgement" rather than an "act of blatant dishonesty, tantamount to thieving" is a slap in our faces.
    We should have politicians who set the standards of behaviour not engage in trick-dicky plain dishonest thieving. That's what I think!!! Malcolm - throw her to the wolves, get rid of her, and prove to all of us you indeed have "high standards". If MT does have such standards, then this is the time to DEMONSTRATE this rather than have us all believe it is simply rhetoric. And I vote Liberal so don't give me all that garbage about left thinking or whatever posters frequently get attacked for on this website. Doesn't matter which party a politician is from - wrong is wrong. She is probably filthy rich now we have had revealed who she is married to and where his business is based. Gone to her head, I reckon. Bring her down.....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.