FOR THE MILLENNIUM In matters of health, our legacy to the new...

1. 333 Posts.
    FOR THE MILLENNIUM

In matters of health, our legacy to the new millennium is a growing menagerie of mysterious maladies. It includes chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, multiple che mical sensitivity syndrome, Gulf War syndrome, chronic Epstein-Barr syndrome, "candidiasis" syndrome, attention disorders, learning disabilities, and others. According to The Wall Street Journal, fibromyalgia alone disabled eight million Americans by 1999, and neurosurgeons were drilling parts of the skull bones off to treat muscle pain caused by that condition.11 In some reports, up to one-quarter of patients presenting to general clinics complained of chro nic fatigue.12 Over ten years ago, the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that up to six percent of children in Baltimore County were prescribed drugs for attention and hyperactivity disorders.13 I know of school systems in which up to nine percent of children take Ritalin and related drugs. Holistic doctors diagnose candidiasis in most of their patients. I return to this subject later.

The essential point I make concerning such mystery maladies is that none of those conditions can be understood without understanding dysfunctional oxygen metabolism (DOM). Beyond that, the readers will note that the concept of DOM also answers many questions concerning such common diseases as coronary heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, and rheumatoid arthritis. I refer the readers interested in pursuing the subject of oxidosis further to the companion volume, RDA: Rats, Drugs and Assumptions.

OXYOLOGY

Oxyology (oxy-olo-gy) is the study of oxygen, just as gemology is the study of gems. I recently introduced this term in an editorial published in The Journal of Integrative Medicine14 for the following two reasons:

1. The study of oxygen deserves to be considered as the core medical discipline; and

2. Oxygen therapies have been badly neglected in clinical medicine.

Most doctors think of oxygen only when someone is near death in an intensive care unit. This is most unfortunate, because oxygen is what breathes life into all human cells at all times, in healthful aging and in disease states.

Oxygen ushers life in. Oxygen terminates life. As I amply demonstrate in this book, oxygen is the most important healing substance, the most effective detox agent, the premium blood cleanser, the most potent antibiotic, a versatile hormone, a blood clotter and declotter, and the conductor of the orchestra of the immune system. Without oxygen, the lungs cannot breathe, the heart cannot beat, the brain cannot think, the bowel cannot digest or absorb food, and the muscles cannot move. That is all very basic and essential.

A cancer cell hates oxygen; an immune cell loves it. That, in simple words, is the foundation of all oxygenative therapies my colleagues at the Institute and I prescribe for patients with malignant tumors. Indeed, I do not believe anyone can effectively manage any of the systemic metabolic issues involved in cancer treatment without an unrelenting focus on issues of oxidosis and dysoxygenosis.

Like cancer cells, primordial life forms (PLFs) also hate oxygen. PLFs is my term for a very large group of microbial families that include yeast-like microbes, nanobacteria, mycoplasma, the so-called stealth microbes, and bowel anaerobes. That is the primary reason why my colleagues and I prescribe oxygenative therapies for patients with acute and chronic infections, chro nic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, che mical sensitivity syndrome, multiple sclerosis, asthma, and many other immune and degenerative disorders. Most doctors will raise their eyebrows when they read this sentence, but that is because they have seldom, if ever, explored the enormous potential of oxygenative therapies. At present, not many physicians seem interested in oxygen metabolism in health and disease. I can confidently predict that will change in the future as the basic facts of dysfunctional oxygen metabolism get widely recognized.

NEED FOR ECOLOGIC THINKING

For healthful aging, we need to think of oxygen and oxidation within a larger ecological perspective. We must recognize and address the fundamental and global threats to our oxygen supply and dysfunctional oxygen metabolism. Or, we must prepare to watch helplessly while hundreds of millions of chronically ill persons continue to suffer from "mystery" maladies, as our Star Wars medical technology utterly fails to restore their health. Without an enlightened ecologic thinking and a clear understanding of the oxygen order of human life, we are doomed to wallow in ignorance as we encounter a growing menagerie of mystery maladies for the millennium. From extensive experience I know that, by and large, those maladies are reversible with broad-based, ecologic-restorative management plans. It is from the lessons learned from such experience that we can formulate preventive plans to stem the tide of those maladies and help people to age healthfully. That is the essential message of this book.

Worth a further read http://www.majidali.com/oxygen.htm

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.