NST 1.44% $14.08 northern star resources ltd

Hear is my hypothesis

1. 1,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 84
    For every buyer there is a seller.

Volume is high at the moment relative to the historical average.

Van eck is back recently announcing a longer position.

These guys are generally selling down by the time they announce their position. Probably sold down over the past few days.

I think there is a large seller/s rebalancing a position. They made an error in not grinding it away the other day and messed up the chart. The volume is now being soaked up by optimistic longs but the price is subdued because the large longs are still unwinding (management? I hope not).

The broker downgrades came at an I opportune time discouraging the buyers who might have soaked up the volume. Now don't be surprised is the downgraders were in there selling before and buying after they published.

If the big holders had sat pat, the price would be high threes right now above fair value. When they are rebalanced (look for changes in substantial holdings this week) the stock price will once again respond to external signals like POG. Will it still be with us when that happens?

The good news is that all of that volume 290 to 320 went to firmer hands. Someone big still believes. The price will be sticky where these new buyers entered.

I think we are around fair value now. That does not mean we won't see 3.90 or 1.90 in the next 3 months. Right now I'm overweight long. I was caught in the down draft all the way back to where I might have otherwise bought so I sat on my hands.

A lesson from the smart traders on here like Saint and Cannon. Sell high and concede that it may go higher because there is always another entry point. Don't have a dream sell price as the market won't respond to your dreams. When you start working out what you could do with the profits if it went to 4 or 5, you are lost as you stopped considering the more likely outcome.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.08
Change
0.200(1.44%)
Mkt cap ! $16.18B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.97 $14.25 $13.82 $65.72M 4.670M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 65564 $14.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.10 601 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.