QAN 0.50% $6.08 qantas airways limited

I am a transport industry worker and I'm yet to come across one...

1. 185 Posts.
    I am a transport industry worker and I'm yet to come across one company that doesn't over-recover fuel from fuel surcharges, if and when they decide to throw one in. Its always an over recovery.

Although I dont work for Qantas I believe the way how they approach would the same, always leave a little bit of cash in the tin for the rainy day.

I believe the pilots are very smart people and they know how to play their cards to get their message across and they're not foolish to cross the red line. I mean, come on, the game that union is playing is hardly ever creative or original. The impact a strike can make to the year end profit is limited.

I am happy that QAN is on the ball with what's going on in fuel cost. And I'm satisfied that the market has moderately undervalued QAN(oversold is a big word that I dont like using as it has a component of exaggeration), and I'm happy to continue to hold. The comment Alan Joyce made about not being able to recoup the full cost of fuel, I think that is an understatement, any sensible CEO would make that sort of comment and follow up with a surprise cool result in year end. This strategy is nothing new in the transport industry either.

I'm not selling my parcel until at least $2.30 or higher.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.08
Change
0.030(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $9.907B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.07 $6.10 $6.04 $24.68M 4.065M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 22446 $6.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.08 11616 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.