LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

well it's certainly got a lot of detail..I guess the fly in the...

1. 3,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    well it's certainly got a lot of detail..

I guess the fly in the ointment is that it is clearly labeled "Preliminary EIA".

As someone posted, "Detailed EIA" is required for any project that is close to an environmentally sensitive area. It also has a different set of activites to a Prelim. EIA.

The big questions are...

Did Lynas also do a Detailed EIA - I doubt it.

Should Lynas have done a Detailed EIA instead of a Preliminary EIA - one for the Judge to decide.

What additional activities are required if it is deemed required to have a details EIA ? - seems like there are a few more steps, but also, quite possibly, some more in depth Environmental assessments.

It would really suck if it is deemed Lynas must now go right back and perform a detailed EIA, especially since the decision to perform the Prelim one was not of Lynas's making, but rather then gov. body.

I certainly hope that the Judge decides enough has been done with the Prelim. based on the industrial location of the LAMP. (I assume the factories nearby did not require a detailed EIA to be constructed).

Time will tell.

I am quite comfortable with how today went.. the Judge would have been wrong to throw the case out without asking those accused to submit their evidence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.