Heart attack query, page-3

1. 15,382 Posts.
    Hey Rem

Yeah I did during the week. Admitted to CCU and discharged 36 hours later. Feeling like normal again. No problems.

However I do have questions if you dont mind or you could hopefully point me in the right direction.

Was told I had a mild heart attack 3 times and I did not have one 4 times.
    The outcome was the CT scan showing no problems (which is great) but I was left hanging as to what the heck had happened. I did not make up what I experienced. They did toss up suggestions as to what I experienced but they offered no follow up references.

My confusion and hopefully this is where you can help is why is there a hard and fast rule that Troponin levels 14 and higher indicate a heart attack and 13 and below do not. I have done my research and not had much luck other than peeps who have Troponin levels of between 9 and 13 generally have hardened arteries within 6 years.

My first blood test was unremarkable but my second blood test showed Troponin levels at 13 and then 11 on the 3rd and 4th test. I.e up there at the upper end of normalcy in my opinion. So I am a little bewildered by the weeks events.

I will be seeking an appointment anyway. Just searching for someone a bit elder who can take on new patients and go the whole hog with testing.

Upshot was they said I had hypertension, sleep apnoea, good kidneys, no diabetes. Told me to cut back on the beer and wine although the Liver was fine. Cholesterol was on the high side.

They discharged me within 1/2 an hour of the CT scans.

No dramas if you dont want to get involved. Just at the time of posting was the evening I got out and I was like wtf has just happened and was a little desperate for explanations. RDH was double bunked that day and night in A&E. Full on ridiculous.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.