heat goes out of climate change alarmism

1. 10,410 Posts.
    Pardon the pun

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/climate/sceptics-put-heat-on-climate-change/story-e6frg6xf-1226660995986

"Sceptics put heat on climate change
    BY:DAVID UREN From: The Australian June 10, 2013 12:00AM

"CLIMATE change sceptics outnumber believers, according to an OECD study that shows how the debate has sharply divided Australians

The study into household attitudes towards the environment shows Australians are more sceptical than any of the other 10 nations examined, with the exception of The Netherlands.

It shows 45 per cent of Australians think environmental dangers are exaggerated and are reluctant to pay for government environmental policies.

In contrast, 42 per cent of Australians believe the environmental challenges are real and think the government should take action, which they are prepared to pay for even if the amount is not matched by other nations."

Simple solution - make the carbon tax voluntary eg I can fill up at Shell, pay $1.50/litre; environmentally aware drivers in their eco-cars can pull up at the next bowser and pay $1.75 [with a 25c loading to"save the planet"] Same goes for cars, flights, power bills, rates, white goods, electrical goods, food etc etc.

A win, win situation - I'm not forced to pay for something I don't believe in - those who do can save the planet!!

...........what do you mean they wouldn't pay up if it were voluntary?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.