RSG 1.01% 50.0¢ resolute mining limited

@speculator101 ...Thank you @Autosime has provided a good...

1. 950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 402
    @speculator101 ...Thank you

@Autosime has provided a good explanation of the hedging vs buying Put & Call options.

I'll add mining companies don't use Put & Call options because first it cost money for the premium(which could be dead money at times), secondly they are not in the business of speculating whether the price will go up or down.
    That is for traders like us. At certain point they are happy to lock in prices and focus on producing the commodity at a lowest cost as possible. Leave the pricing mechanism to the market.
    Miners are takers of price.

Today $AUD 1800-1900 gold hedge looks very poor. But 2 years ago when these hedges were locked, AUD gold price was 1600-1700. With the collapse in Aussie dollars, all hedges (by all gold mining companies) from 2017 onward looks like dumb. But if the reverse happened then they would all look genius. In the case of RSG, there would definitely be forced hedging requirements from the bank. From my experience the bankers have more than one way to make money from their loan.
    Loan establishment fee +Loan interest + compulsory hedging requirement+ free options.
    I learned that lesson from TRY & Investec's dealing very well.

Anyway, as far as RSG's hedges this quarter......I think they'll do just fine. The management are business savvy people as can be seen from their money raising from the market. They always seem to raise at a good price. They could negotiate some of the ounces to be deferred for future months. I hope they won't have to do that and just get on with this June quarter.
    July onwards RSG's realised sale price will be the best among Aussie miners.
    Last edited by flaming: 26/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
0.005(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $1.064B
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 51.0¢ 49.0¢ $4.131M 8.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 210192 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.0¢ 157308 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.