ICG 0.00% 0.6¢ inca minerals limited

Hi bluegouldian,I have been watching and purchasing promising...

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi bluegouldian,

I have been watching and purchasing promising junior Cu-Au exploration stocks for awhile now waiting for a global building recovery. ICG was on my watchlist for some time. When the shares rocketed to 17.0cps shortly after their first drill at Chanape, I thought I had missed an opportunity to invest as I was still a little nervous about investing in ICG when I didn’t know if it would continue to run, or fall back. Thankfully, I chose not to invest at that time.

… so I kept waiting and watching … and watching the free-fall after the General Meeting, not really understanding why the price was falling.

… I waited and waited until an apparent bottom formed and there appeared to be a slow but sustained recovery.

I bought in near the top of the recovery (part 1) and have held and watched the price slide back about 20-25% since then after a 2 day strong surge. The share price had fallen 80% from its’ top, which appeared to be well inside the over-sold category. I suspected that many stop-loss points had been triggered causing an over-reaction and avalanche of sales.

For my own therapy, more than anything, I started to go back through all of the announcements to analyse what triggered the price collapse and write down my thoughts, to see if there was something that I missed in my previous analysis.

When I started to link the announcements to the share trade history (in particular Ms Susan Thomas’s transactions) it became clearer what the events were that caused (or had a major influence) on the share price collapse.

During this tumultuous period, the fundamentals of the company haven’t changed. They are still moving forward with their analysis and proceeding with an on-site project inspection with internationally renowned porphyry experts (March/April 2013), prior to preparing for their next drilling/sampling campaign.

There is a double upside in play here:
    1. The share price collapsed 80% of its’ value prior to Ms Thomas’s sell-off, so there is plenty of margin for recovery.
    2. ICG have only just started to scratch the surface of the potential for the porphyry discovery at Chanape. The first drill hole finished in sulphide-bearing monzonite porphyry at 600m depth i.e. it is open ended. They have only drilled 2 of 50 breccia pipes (4%) and sampled only 15 of 50 breccia pipes (30%), so, I believe there is still a huge upside potential.

For better or worse, I still hold the stock because I believe there is still plenty of room for recovery and new discovery. I would hate to sell this stock now and be caught out by a gap upwards on any positive announcement, which could occur at anytime.

It is flight or fight time and I choose to hang in there and let this play out.

What you choose to do and the investment decisions you make are yours alone, which is as it should be.

I wish you success.

Cheers,

GrayNomad

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.863M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 289865 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 1999681 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.32am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ICG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.