I have a request to ask from all parents who send their children...

1. 382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I have a request to ask from all parents who send their children to state schools. Regardless of your faith/beliefs or lack thereof, help end Special Religious Instruction (SRI) at their school.

If you agree that your children should be taught that the bible is the literal truth and that man walked with dinosaurs by evangelical christian missionaries with as little as 2 days training then read no further.

Here are some quotes from Evonne Paddison, CEO of Access Ministries which provides SRI in Victorian schools:

"Let’s face it, our numbers are in decline…. Instead of inviting people to establish church, the church must enter into the world we need to be missional instead of attractional. We need to be like Jesus who became one of us and pitched his tent in order to reveal grace and truth. We must enter the context of those who do not know him.

I believe ACCESS’s involvement in schools ministry is both missional and incarnational. As we share the love of Jesus and as we relate to kids. With our primary children, most of whom are totally unchurched, we are telling the story of Jesus. Week by week, and we’re sharing with them the love of the word of God and showing its relevance to them…
    "
    "… extraordinary opportunity to reach kids with the good news about Jesus… What really matters is seizing the God-given opportunity we have to reach kids in schools. Without Jesus, our students are lost…What a commandment. Make disciples. What a responsibility. What a privilege we have been given. Let’s go for it. — In 2011 conference"

"In Australia, we have a God-given open door to children and young people with the Gospel, our federal and state governments allow us to take the Christian faith into our schools and share it. We need to go and make disciples."

"Never before have we had such an open access, such as open to door. Christians from other countries envy our opportunities, they can’t believe we have this situation. I believe that this is the greatest mission field we have in Australia: our children and our students. Our greatest field for disciple making."

Why not just pull you child/ren from SRI classes and think no more about it? Because exempt children are still being taught SRI despite your wishes. Here is a link to an article in the Courier Mail dated 04 May 2014
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/exempt-children-still-receiving-religious-instruction-in-state-schools/story-fnihsrf2-1226904336977

How can you help?
    Send a letter to your school council asking for SRI to be discontinued. Here is a link to a draft letter the author has given permission for anybody to edit/alter and use unacknowledged:

http://jacquitomlins.com/2014/05/06/special-religious-instruction-a-letter-to-school-council/

Thanks for your time today

Sifer

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.